Call for Bakery and Dessert Concepts (DEADLINE FEB 1)- StartUP Kitchen 2013posted Sunday, January 06
Spring 2013 StartUp Kitchen at Hello Cupcake in Capitol Hill
Accepting Bakery and Dessert Concept Business Plans January 7-February 1
1. Pay Application Fee $35 (fee waved for TLF members)
2. Apply online
• Applicant must have a completed business plan
• Applicant must be a DC metro resident with plans to open a DC based business. Preference given to DC residents.
• Applicant must have a workable concept
• Applicant must be able to meet the fee requirement
(A fee of $1500 to cover operations and program to be paid in three installments during incubation and test drive of business)
Benefits for the Food Entrepreneur:
• Invaluable mentorship from a panel of industry veterans equalling 120 hours
• Low-risk, low-investment opportunity to test their concept
• Generating early buzz around their concept
• Opportunity to test recipes in a commercial kitchen
• Opportunity to serve a large number of guests and obtain feedback from the public
• Building a following for the future
Requirements of the winner:
• Concept must be workable in the host restaurant
• Business liability insurance listing host restaurant as additionally insured.
• Must be able to complete fee payment upon incubation.
For more information email Stacey@thinklocalfirstdc.com.
StartUp Market is brought you by NURISH: Center for Creative Culinary Economy and Think Local First DC.