Call for Bakery and Dessert Concepts (DEADLINE FEB 1)- StartUP Kitchen 2013posted Sunday, January 06
Spring 2013 StartUp Kitchen at Hello Cupcake in Capitol Hill
Accepting Bakery and Dessert Concept Business Plans January 7-February 1
1. Pay Application Fee $35 (fee waved for TLF members)
2. Apply online
• Applicant must have a completed business plan
• Applicant must be a DC metro resident with plans to open a DC based business. Preference given to DC residents.
• Applicant must have a workable concept
• Applicant must be able to meet the fee requirement
(A fee of $1500 to cover operations and program to be paid in three installments during incubation and test drive of business)
Benefits for the Food Entrepreneur:
• Invaluable mentorship from a panel of industry veterans equalling 120 hours
• Low-risk, low-investment opportunity to test their concept
• Generating early buzz around their concept
• Opportunity to test recipes in a commercial kitchen
• Opportunity to serve a large number of guests and obtain feedback from the public
• Building a following for the future
Requirements of the winner:
• Concept must be workable in the host restaurant
• Business liability insurance listing host restaurant as additionally insured.
• Must be able to complete fee payment upon incubation.
For more information email Stacey@thinklocalfirstdc.com.
StartUp Market is brought you by NURISH: Center for Creative Culinary Economy and Think Local First DC.
Think Local First DC (TLF) is kicking off its first-ever campaign to save small and local DC businesses money on energy. Called Power to Save, the effort provides businesses with simple, easy ways to immediately reduce their energy costs and enhance their sustainability.