Spring StartUp Kitchen Accepting Business Plans: January 6- February 14posted Sunday, January 05
Spring 2014 StartUp Kitchen at Domku
Accepting Full Restaurant Concept Business Plans January 6- February 14
*1. Pay Application Fee $50 *
*2. Apply online
• Applicant must have a completed business plan (submitted in full if you are chosen in Round 2)
• Applicant must be a DC metro (15 mile radius) resident with plans to open a DC based business. Preference given to DC residents.
• Applicant must be able to meet the fee requirement
(A fee of $2000 to cover mentor program and site operations must to be paid in two installments during incubation period.)
Benefits for the Food Entrepreneur:
• Invaluable mentorship from a panel of seasoned professionals equaling 140 hours
• Low-risk, low-investment opportunity to test their concept
• Generating early buzz around their concept
• Opportunity to test recipes in a commercial kitchen
• Opportunity to serve a large number of guests and obtain feedback from the public
• Building a following for the future
• Access to 0 interest start-up capital and crowd-funding opportunities
Requirements of the winner:
• Concept must be workable in the host restaurant
• Winner must have sufficient funds for covering staff, food and supplies needed for three evenings of dinner service. (Winner gets 75% of ticket sales to offset this)
• Business liability insurance listing host restaurant as additionally insured.
• Must be able to complete 1/2 the fee payment upon incubation.
StartUp Market is brought you by NURISH: Center for Creative Culinary Economy and Think Local First DC.
Her Corner is a community of women entrepreneurs where members collaborate, network, and leverage one another’s expertise via a peer group model to grow their businesses. Founded in 2011 in Washington, D.C., one of the fastest-growing markets for women-owned businesses in the U.S.